Thursday, November 1, 2012

Leaves

In honor of Fall and, most importantly, Thanksgiving, I am going to try to write about something related to those to things each day for the month of November.  I am already doing a daily what I am thankful for on FB and I figured a blog post about the same thing might become redundant and bit overkill.  This is my first time doing something so ambitious, I hope I can find the time to keep up. 

Day 1

For a long time now Autumn has been my favorite season.  Though I have never fully been able to pinpoint why.  One of my favorite things about fall is the leaves, I know, how bland of answer.  But it goes beyond the colors for me, though they are breathtaking.  I also love the crispness, the sounds, the smells of fall.  There is also this buzz or energy in the air.  I feel as though I come alive when the leaves start changing!  And for me, I feel a season of renewal coming. 

The beginning of the year wrapping up, with all its highs and lows, signals the coming days of rejuvination and renewing!  It's such a life cycle, for everything living.  We all need times of hybernation and inward reflection before we venture into a new cycle!  It's almost like the leaves bright colors are giving forth their last bit of magnificent life before succumbing to the necessary dead of winter and I am soaking up every last bit of that energy and life!  Perhaps it is the introvert inside of me that loves this season so much, but whatever it is, it consumes me.  God is uses His beautiful creation to reach into the depths of my soul and recharge me.  I feel God's love and blessing so much during Autumn (I know many people feel that way about spring or summer so I am a bit odd).  I appreciate all the wonderful things about the other three seasons, but for me, Fall is the very best season, no contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment